You can’t let excitement make you forget to prep for the most fulfilling music festival in Manila! Coming from experience (and from being a thrifty tita), here are a few tips to guide you through this year’s Wanderland Jungle at the Filinvest Concert Grounds in Alabang! Some of them are just practical, others are for being tipid. Let’s get right to it!
– since it’s still raining (edit: it rained a bit mid-morning so the grass might still be wet) don’t forget to bring ponchos/raincoats and waterproof bags. dress comfortably but practically. bring extra clothes of course! a bimpo/face towel will help a lot.
– pack lightly! don’t bring unnecessary gadgets like iPads/tablets or laptops. DSLRs are a no-no (the event has explicitly said so for the past few years, owing to multiple reasons), the organizer will inspect bags so better to leave professional gear at home. personal note: please for the love of pete don’t bring your selfie sticks. they are a nuisance to most concert goers. for more details visit Wanderland’s official site!
– bring a mat to sit on. Wanderland goes for at least 12 straight hours so you’ll be exhausted if you stand around the whole time!
– even though it is raining, you still will probably need your sunscreen. remember to apply to dry skin only!
– make sure you have credit/load in your phones. for emergencies and such.
– you can’t bring alcohol/flasks into the venue. there are smoking areas provided so cooperate for everyone’s sake!
– don’t bring illegal substances in. meds must be accompanied by a doctor’s prescription. the event also has multiple bouncers inside checking on people so if you’re thinking of doing drugs, better whisk it away from your mind as the PNP will be on standby to accompany you to the nearest jail cell for your overnight – or extended stay. not kidding around here. be good y’all.
– hydrate before going in. don’t bring your water bottles/tumblers inside! they will make you leave those at the gate. it’ll be pretty hard to recover them after the event. water and other refreshments are sold at the venue, may be at Php50 for a 500mL bottle, so manage your consumption wisely.
– make time to eat before going inside the venue. there’ll be long lines at the food area so prepare to wait for your snacks!
– this year, they’ve brought back the wandertokens. they’re like the chits you use at your highschool/cafeteria, only they only come in Php100 and Php50 denominations. safe bet: exchange Php 400 early on so you won’t have to queue so much. Php250 for food and Php150 for water (three bottles). not sure if they have a minimum amount for exchanging wandertokens though! I think last time it was Php300. coordinate with your buds so you can share instead etc.
once “bought” you can’t get wandertokens exchanged back to real money, so budget your spending wisely!!!
– stake out a spot for you and your pals for the rest of the evening. the crowd is pretty respectful when it comes to this, no one moves other people’s stuff (as far as experience goes) but still, don’t leave your belongings unattended.
– GA wristbands have access to Portalets while VIPs have their own facilities. since they changed the venue, I am not sure if the VIPs have a proper restroom to answer the call of nature in. in any case, have tissues and alcohol at the ready. they’re a safer, cleaner, and more eco-friendly bet than wet wipes.
These are the only things I can think of at the moment. I’ll update this post with more if I think of more! Sorry for the messiness of the post but I’m still getting ready for later too!!!
See you all later!